we swore we would never go back after last year's infamous (over priced, bad food, lack of dancing) valentine's day ball - but we somehow got roped in to it again this year. the company was much, much better as we ended up going with shane and jennifer, lauren and nelson, dan and irene, and tina maria and dan - pretty much our entire community here.
the food was good. the beer warm. the dancing lacking. but being with our friends was great. so all in all a good time. we didn't end up taking many photos - so the one's below are from other people.
the highlight of the day was a valentine's day poem that jennifer wrote me and left hanging in pieces in our living room. i love that woman.
One and a half years ago today,
We said the most important words we'd ever say.
'I do' love you and boy, am I glad,
that you are my husband and Olivia's dad.
I love you, David, you are a true help mate,
No matter what, I look forward to our dates.
With Valentine's Day almost here,
We'll go to dinner, Lovely Dear.
Time has flown by, someone might say,
But we try to make the most of our days.
We gathered together with family and friends,
and promised there would be no end.
Please take my hand and you will lead,
I'm sometimes challenging but I will try to heed.
You are the head of the household (inside joke) and I know,
that with love we'll be fine wherever we go.
Bishkek for teaching or that country or another,
We'll cozy up under the covers!
Your kisses, your meals (always meat and cheese), your humorous sense,
My love for you is ever-so-immense.
Please be my Valentine, my one and only.
If I had to choose another, I'd rather be lonely.
Lots of love and tons of kisses,
I am so glad that I'm your Mrs!
when you look at the photos - notice anything different about jennifer's hair? and contrary to how stupid i look in many of the photos... i promise i had not been drinking. i could have used a couple of stiff drinks after losing the game today - but i am completely sober.
the bishkek adventure
although "our story" as a couple originated in 2006... the bishkek adventure officially began in july of 2008 when jennifer and i accepted teaching positions at an international school in bishkek, kyrygzstan. we started this blog with the hope that it would be an entertaining and accurate catalog of our years living abroad. although we are back in the states now after two years in central asia and our life is not nearly as exotic or exciting... we are keeping the blog going writing for our friends, families and for our first born child, olivia (olive) annmarie conover, who blessed us with her arrival on monday, august 24 at 2:15pm.



I wish you weren't so far, far away!
ReplyDeleteYou guys look awesome! And, her hair rocks! And, the poem rocks! And, you both rock :)!
Good times!