the bishkek adventure


although "our story" as a couple originated in 2006... the bishkek adventure officially began in july of 2008 when jennifer and i accepted teaching positions at an international school in bishkek, kyrygzstan. we started this blog with the hope that it would be an entertaining and accurate catalog of our years living abroad. although we are back in the states now after two years in central asia and our life is not nearly as exotic or exciting... we are keeping the blog going writing for our friends, families and for our first born child, olivia (olive) annmarie conover, who blessed us with her arrival on monday, august 24 at 2:15pm.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

what we do... joy in the journey

a post from jen's blog.

Our days are finally becoming a little more 'routine' every day. I like that a lot because that means that our nights are becoming more regular as well. Olivia has always been a good sleeper once she gets to sleep. So, I jotted down what we do...

9:30/10:00 Olivia wakes up to eat, poop, play, read, and eat some more.

10:50/11:00 nap

12:00 wake up, eat, poop, play, poop, play, eat

2:00 nap

3:00 wake up, repeat above. Greet dad with a huge smile or a huge melt down (depending on when David gets off work)

5:00 nap (this one is great because Davey and I get to spend some time together.

6:00 wake up...repeat.

8:00-10:00 sleep, wakes up like her parents don't feed her. Feeding frenzy.

11:00/12 go to sleep for the night! Always wakes up about 45 minutes into the sleep and eats then is asleep for at least another 4 hours. Yep, around 9-12 hours of sleep...getting to have less and less feedings at night!

Today we went on a walk and she fell asleep in the front carrier. It was so adorable! Her little face was propped on the carrier and her cheeks were smooshed. Boone came on the walk too. We went down to the NGO that I to give the photos that I took. I'm home now and Olive and Boone are both wiped out...

She's been asleep since 2 so we will see how she sticks to her schedule today since we did a 'non-routine' thing. I haven't set her to the schedule, she just has created it herself. This is something I'm grateful for...and I'll eat lots of turkey to prove it. I'm so excited about Thanksgiving! 


1 comment:

  1. She has an adorable smile! Glad she is sleeping more, which means Jen is getting better rest. This sounds like a typical baby schedule...she is doing pretty good. Still growing and her look is still much the same. She looks so happy as do her parents.

    ReplyDelete