the bishkek adventure


although "our story" as a couple originated in 2006... the bishkek adventure officially began in july of 2008 when jennifer and i accepted teaching positions at an international school in bishkek, kyrygzstan. we started this blog with the hope that it would be an entertaining and accurate catalog of our years living abroad. although we are back in the states now after two years in central asia and our life is not nearly as exotic or exciting... we are keeping the blog going writing for our friends, families and for our first born child, olivia (olive) annmarie conover, who blessed us with her arrival on monday, august 24 at 2:15pm.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

april

a post from jen's blog...

April



I know it is October.

I'm talking about April, our friend from Houston, who came with me to help with all of our stuff and Boone. There is no way that I would have been able to haul everything by myself. We showed her around Bishkek and became a bit of tourists ourselves. We went to Medina Bazaar, Alamedin Bazaar, Osh Bazaar, and to Burana Tower, Ala Archa, and the Foothills of Bishkek. It was a beautiful visit. We had so much fun. Olive loves her too and was mesmerized by her cheers and 'human mobile' act. She brought sunshine into our home and was so helpful and fun the whole time. I'm so thankful for friends who help and bring bright perspectives and joy into our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Such a good friend.... I knew she would be a big help. I'm glad April was up for the trip.

    ReplyDelete