well the baby has lots of reasons to kick as the camping trip was amazing. it had all the elements of a "great" camping trip. off the hook scenery (snow capped mountains and a kaleidescope lake). incredible weather that was all over the map including an unbelievable sunset. good (but odd) company. five star food (my diet was so out the window). and a drunk kyrygz horseman who wandered into our camp not once... but twice.
more than once jen and i broke out with our staple "we feel blessed to be here" line. it always begins with "remember that one time in central asia..." and ends with a fill in the blank. this time it ended with "when we camped on lake issy-kul when you were six months pregnant? that was amazing!"
Besides the amazing scenery and the drunk guy, this pretty much looks like my worst nightmare! Love you guys, Aunt Mary
ReplyDeletethe "camping with us" seems like your worse nightmare or just the "camping" part?!
ReplyDeletedavid
Just camping period! I would love spending time with you both,anywhere! Well, maybe not camping...jk. Uncle Jim says he grew up camping i.e. living in a travel trailer and never wants to do it again. The kids want to go camping on Catalina this summer and I said we would go but we will get hotel nearby.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking though that your baby is going to have a wonderfully exciting life...lucky little one :) We all miss you guys here in the states. I love your blog and look at it everyday to track your amazing adventure. Love, Aunt Mary
I love the pictures of Jen where she either purposely (in some) or unconsciously (in some) has her hands gravitating to her belly and to baby Olive :)! I love the ones where David is trying to have a belly, but he cannot because he has pretty effectively eliminated it! I adore the Jen + Dave = Olive!
ReplyDeleteThis just looks like another delightful series of moments to catalogue in your memories and lives!!
I love your belly pics David!!! LOL
ReplyDelete