what we found out instead was...
1. yurts are super cool.
2. as soon as we get a place with a yard we are buying two miniature yurts... one for olive and one for boone.
3. kyrgyz fur jackets are really, really heavy and really really warm and when we wear them we feel like the rapper flava flave.
4. you can flight from bishkek to iran for under $500 round trip and the iranian embassy here in bishkek will give us visas. don't freak out parents... but olive's first spring break trip might be to iran!
we ended up buying jen a felt hat (a perfect "mother" hat).
afterwards we went over to marykay and sasha's for dinner... stopping along the way to pick up some fresh baked bread (see last photo).
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)














Love all the out take photos....also like the new banner photo of you two!
ReplyDeleteI wish I could have spent more time in Bishkek with you!!!!! Ahhhh!!! Your adventures are awesome! It would have been so much better than with Philipp (although I wouldn't want to miss some of my kyrgyz friends I met through him). Your baby is soooooo lucky! I need to see you again. Lenara would love you too! And we could need some of your happiness and esprit right now. Pls take care of yourselves!
ReplyDelete