the bishkek adventure


although "our story" as a couple originated in 2006... the bishkek adventure officially began in july of 2008 when jennifer and i accepted teaching positions at an international school in bishkek, kyrygzstan. we started this blog with the hope that it would be an entertaining and accurate catalog of our years living abroad. although we are back in the states now after two years in central asia and our life is not nearly as exotic or exciting... we are keeping the blog going writing for our friends, families and for our first born child, olivia (olive) annmarie conover, who blessed us with her arrival on monday, august 24 at 2:15pm.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Conover Wedding


We are a WE!

(The only reason we have waited is because we were hoping to post photos too, but that will have to wait since we don't have the photos yet. Suspense!!! We know they will be great!)

It's hard to speak about that day, because it seems so special.

You know, one of those moments that is hard to capitulate because of it's sacredness. That day, the day we had been waiting for for so long has happened.

It was more graceful than I ever expected and am with someone better than my imagination ever conjured. I remember the lighting that day, the smiles we exchanged at in front of the bishop, and how we both could have cried and laughed at the same time.

David looked so handsome in his suit and tie. The groomsmen and bridesmaids were up there so beautifully. My mom and dad walked me down the aisle. Mom was so happy and had tears of joy in her eyes and dad was so sweet too. David's Dad was there as the best man. Kyle was in the groomsmen line. Everyone in our lines are people who we have known for over 15 years. It was a wonderful culmination of life's best memories, all rolled into one event.

(I'm crying writing about it!)

To lighten things up a bit, my cousin Christy pointed out, in true Jenny style, that I was late to my own wedding...it's a bridal trend though right?

It was so great to see everyone, Dave and I were so shocked to walk in to a full chapel of people when we were only expecting about 35! Thank you to all that came!

The reception was friendly and quaint, and it felt like a family and friend reunion.

I am so happy to be Mrs. David Conover. When I look at him, I know that he is the man that I knew before we were put on this earth. We are the people that can accomplish marvelous things together. 'We' is our favorite word right now.

3 comments:

  1. those pictures are a TEASE i want more!!! Please :) Miss you guys both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The We's:

    Awww...You guys got a few photos up... will keep an eye out for more. Cute... I like them!

    Deana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot! Anxious to see the rest...I'm sure it will take a while.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete