
we have only been here a couple of days and admittedly... the culture shock hasn't worn off yet (it has for jen who has turned out to be a super world traveler... i am still wandering around looking for a chick-fil-la) but we are starting to fill at home. speaking of jen, she isn't the women i married as she goes to bed at 830pm, wakes up at 430am, and eats lentils!
hard to accurately describe bishkek other than to say it is on the complete other side of the planet as texas/california. that amazes us... we are on the other side of the world. i use to be so proud of myself for driving outside of the loop in houston!
more to come as we discover the city ourselves...
here are the photos
Dave and Jen,
ReplyDeleteHow are you? What are your first impressions? It was GREAT to see you in Houston. My friend Abby is leaving for a school counseling job in Beruit. There must be something in the air for adventure travel and work.
Miss you,
Holly
Dave & Jen:
ReplyDeleteYou ARE on the other side of the world...WOW. It looks nice & interesting.I could live on potatoes, carrots, onions,tomatoes, beans and coke.(nah, I would need beef)
I really enjoyed the photos. You are both so full of adventure. Can't wait to read and see more. Love, Aunt Judy
Hello Bub & Jen -
ReplyDeleteJust was catching up on you guys and looking at your pictures....Wow! Glad you guys made it safe & I will keep checking the blog to see how all is going!
Love You Guys!
Deana
THIS IS YOUR SISTER - PLEASE EMAIL ME! Not sure if you still have the same email address.
ReplyDeleteHope you guys had another adventuresome day in Kyrgztown! I still dont have "my" computer hooked up at the "new" house...but need to load Skype on this one sometime... what is your name on it?
Love,
Deana
Tell Jen I said hello again!