the bishkek adventure


although "our story" as a couple originated in 2006... the bishkek adventure officially began in july of 2008 when jennifer and i accepted teaching positions at an international school in bishkek, kyrygzstan. we started this blog with the hope that it would be an entertaining and accurate catalog of our years living abroad. although we are back in the states now after two years in central asia and our life is not nearly as exotic or exciting... we are keeping the blog going writing for our friends, families and for our first born child, olivia (olive) annmarie conover, who blessed us with her arrival on monday, august 24 at 2:15pm.

Monday, January 11, 2010

back to work - a note from jen's blog

Back to Work

I went back to work today. Going back to work itself was not a stress at all. I just couldn't bear the thought of leaving Olivia. Nina brought Olivia to the school right when Olivia woke up. It was perfect. She arrived happy. She visited me and we had lunch together. She napped. Dave drove Nina, Olivia, and I home and Olivia napped again after our walk to the store.

While I was at work, my director gave me the best news ever (it might have helped that she is pregnant)...she told me that Olivia could be at school with me the whole day. I can't believe it.

I don't want to miss a thing because it seems like every day Olivia is doing something miraculous!

Olivia is intentionally grabbing for things and when we go to kiss her face she puts her
arms out in front
like she is trying to stop us. It's so cute because she is smiling the whole time. She's been such a ham lately! She turns her head away while she's smiling like she's shy.

1 comment:

  1. So is Olivia now attending school? Only problem with that is exposure to illnesses from all the other little germ carriers...Does that mean that Nina gets to go to school too?

    ReplyDelete