a post from jen's blog...
Waiting.
This is such a strange feeling.
The Waiting.
Our doctor said that we could induce on Sunday but I really want to have the baby without inducing so we canceled the induction and are waiting it out.
Could today be the day?
Each day I think that it could be the day that would change our lives forever; seeing our little girl. With help, I finished the baby quilt tonight. Now she can come. Last night, I had about 10 contractions. I knew that they weren't painful and uncomfortable enough to be the "real thing" so I didn't even wake up David. Then today went by. I have had lots of Braxton Hicks contractions but nothing big enough to get us packing and rushing to the hospital. I can't make a call to my family members without the first question they ask being "Is she here yet?" or "Are you in labor?"
David went and did some errands today and I called a couple times. Each time he answered the phone in a panicked voice. After about the third time I told him I wouldn't call anymore unless I was in labor!
So, I think we have tried all of the recipes for jump-starting labor that I have heard of. I guess now she is just going to come when she is ready. And, really, that is just fine with us.
the bishkek adventure
although "our story" as a couple originated in 2006... the bishkek adventure officially began in july of 2008 when jennifer and i accepted teaching positions at an international school in bishkek, kyrygzstan. we started this blog with the hope that it would be an entertaining and accurate catalog of our years living abroad. although we are back in the states now after two years in central asia and our life is not nearly as exotic or exciting... we are keeping the blog going writing for our friends, families and for our first born child, olivia (olive) annmarie conover, who blessed us with her arrival on monday, august 24 at 2:15pm.
Waiting was the hardest part for me too. But suddenly,... suddenly... !!! You already had contractions, so it's all going it's way. Olive is working her way out. ;) Big hug, Kerstin
ReplyDelete