the bishkek adventure


although "our story" as a couple originated in 2006... the bishkek adventure officially began in july of 2008 when jennifer and i accepted teaching positions at an international school in bishkek, kyrygzstan. we started this blog with the hope that it would be an entertaining and accurate catalog of our years living abroad. although we are back in the states now after two years in central asia and our life is not nearly as exotic or exciting... we are keeping the blog going writing for our friends, families and for our first born child, olivia (olive) annmarie conover, who blessed us with her arrival on monday, august 24 at 2:15pm.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Dilation Envy

a post from jen's blog...
Dilation Envy



We went to our doula's house today for the birth prep class.
The woman sitting next to me at our birthing class was dilated to 2cm and had a due date of August 24th (mine is Aug 16th). I admit, it was the first time in a long time that I felt jealous.

David and I admit that we hadn't met our daily fill of cheesy 70s movies (remember those outdated church videos?) so I'm glad we went to the class today. Five hours is a long time for some pregnant people to sit. But, thanks for the complimentary water.
We reviewed charts and signs of labor, asked questions, and then watched 2+ hours of video (from a tape...who has a VCR anymore?) on videos of real labor and births, breastfeeding, and then what to expect after the baby is born.
Informative, overall.

And, don't worry, David, I won't say anything about you falling asleep during the videos. : ) They weren't about anything you didn't already know.

(He had a very long, sleepless night at his dad's house)

Anyway, I'm really excited to meet little Olivia. I wonder what she will look like, what her personality will be like, etc. It's hard to wait.

But, I'm enjoying my sleep in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment