from jen's blog Joy in the Journey...
I never really have spoken much of how we decided that our itty-bitty would be named Olivia but it is a precious story, actually.
It happened on a Sunday.
We had done our normal weekend things like nap, shop at the open-air market, and drive around listening to our favorite playlist from our iPod in our VW.
We had a list going of our favorite names up to that point; Kate, Grant, ...
We had prayed the night before at dinner, which is something we sometimes forget to do.
David said the prayer.
Not just a blessing on the food, a not-mad-at-God sort of prayer that was sweet and simple and asking for a blessing on our family.
David and I agreed that we like feminine but strong names.
This we knew, even if we the name we did not.
I woke up from (another) afternoon nap and had the name Olivia on my mind.
I wasn't thinking of names, it just seemed like it was there for me to notice.
So, Olivia it is.
We will call her Olive. Or Liv. Or Livy. Or Libby.
Our little peaceful girl. Olivia.
I never really have spoken much of how we decided that our itty-bitty would be named Olivia but it is a precious story, actually.
It happened on a Sunday.
We had done our normal weekend things like nap, shop at the open-air market, and drive around listening to our favorite playlist from our iPod in our VW.
We had a list going of our favorite names up to that point; Kate, Grant, ...
We had prayed the night before at dinner, which is something we sometimes forget to do.
David said the prayer.
Not just a blessing on the food, a not-mad-at-God sort of prayer that was sweet and simple and asking for a blessing on our family.
David and I agreed that we like feminine but strong names.
This we knew, even if we the name we did not.
I woke up from (another) afternoon nap and had the name Olivia on my mind.
I wasn't thinking of names, it just seemed like it was there for me to notice.
So, Olivia it is.
We will call her Olive. Or Liv. Or Livy. Or Libby.
Our little peaceful girl. Olivia.
.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment