the bishkek adventure
although "our story" as a couple originated in 2006... the bishkek adventure officially began in july of 2008 when jennifer and i accepted teaching positions at an international school in bishkek, kyrygzstan. we started this blog with the hope that it would be an entertaining and accurate catalog of our years living abroad. although we are back in the states now after two years in central asia and our life is not nearly as exotic or exciting... we are keeping the blog going writing for our friends, families and for our first born child, olivia (olive) annmarie conover, who blessed us with her arrival on monday, august 24 at 2:15pm.
Monday, September 22, 2008
views from our neighborhood
thought we would share some photos that jennifer has taken that give a pretty good view of our neighborhood. the first six photos were taken from our bedroom window which looks out on some other apartments in microdistrict 10 (our neighborhood). it is a pretty great view as we can see the mountains (and ala-archa national park) in the background. we are right next to the river and across the street from the river is a tennis center. the last photos are taken from street level. marshuka 163 is the one we take back and forth from work.










Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I didn't know MR 10 is that far out. Beautiful view! I do miss Bishkek a little, when I see those photos... :(
ReplyDeleteWow! Some pretty expansive views! The whole area reminds me of rocky south Texas with Mountains. What floor do you guys live on and do you have an address that I can write or send things to , (like a care package of goodies or gold...Ha! Ha!)? If so, email me and let me know what it is just in case I pop up in Bishkek one day and want to find you two...
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your views...
Love to you both!
Mom