on friday bis took their (i should say "our") annual field trip to ala-archa national park. the park, as mentioned in a previous blog, is a 45 minute drive from bishkek and right in the heart of the mountains. a pretty amazing place... jagged peaks... glaciers... ice fields. jen and i are looking forward to backpacking into the wild and exploring (maybe in the late spring).we left school at 900am with all 100 plus of our kids in tow and spent until 200pm exploring, eating and playing games. jen hung out with the five year olds while i went on a hike to the climber's cemetery with the secondary students. a pretty amazing day. a little bit of snow fall and alot of sunshine.
here are the photos - part one
here are the photos - part two
Very nice trip. Seems like the kids are funny. But the weather must have changed a lot. Wasn't it summer when I left 2 weeks ago??
ReplyDeleteLooks pretty cold, already? Must be fall in Bishkek..Not my kind of place....you know how much I dislike the cold weather. The children all look adorable. I really like them at that age. They are so full of questions. Looks like they all had a good time, including you and Dave.
ReplyDeleteI am looking forward to the fall...maybe soon. I enjoyed all the photos...
Mom