just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who has emailed and offered up kind words and prayers for my dad. just recently, he was diagnosed with stage III lung cancer. on friday, he went into surgery to have his right lung removed but the doctor's aborted the surgery when they discovered that the cancer had already started to spread to his left lung and chest. that said... my dad and step mom (gloria) are strong, resolute and confident that god is looking after them and that his plan is a good plan. jen and i would appreciate all the positive energy and prayers that you could continue to send my dad's way.this news has been very trying on our family as you can imagine and being halfway around the world and away from my dad has been unbearable. jen and i are looking at options for flying home in october for an extended stay. my dad is strongly against this idea and believes that we should stay here until our three week christmas break. we will see.
in a gesture of solidarity, i have told my dad that i will shave my head bald when he starts chemotherapy next week.
nothing like making a first good impression when living in a foreign country...
i cannot express how much i feel for you guys right now in this moment, my thoughts and prayers are with you everyday. take care, be strong, we're thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry to hear about this, David. I hope the best for this.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you going to see your father. Although time is money, money is not time.
Live Strong
I may have to spank you both if you don't listen to your Dad....especially you David. Trust that he knows what is best for him right now. I know it is tough being so far away. You know that if you shave your head all the little girls at school that are in love with you now will run screaming through the streets. You look like Paul Schafer with your head slick. On the other hand, maybe no one will mess with you...LOL! Just teasing, although I really prefer the head with some hair. Hang in there...Dad will let you know when he needs you..I think. I am praying for him too!
ReplyDelete