the bishkek adventure


although "our story" as a couple originated in 2006... the bishkek adventure officially began in july of 2008 when jennifer and i accepted teaching positions at an international school in bishkek, kyrygzstan. we started this blog with the hope that it would be an entertaining and accurate catalog of our years living abroad. although we are back in the states now after two years in central asia and our life is not nearly as exotic or exciting... we are keeping the blog going writing for our friends, families and for our first born child, olivia (olive) annmarie conover, who blessed us with her arrival on monday, august 24 at 2:15pm.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

one month...

today is our one month anniversary.

wow. it feels so much longer than that! i mean that in a good way. i believe that jennifer is truly the person that my life has brought me to AND SHE IS SO AWESOME. everything i have done and been up to this point has led me to her. she is my best friend and my soul mate and i can't imagine being anywhere else but here with jenny .

i love bishkek. love living in central asia. but we could move back to houston or to redlands. or start fresh in portugal or croatia. we could even move to detroit and i would feel blessed.

i love you jenny and thank you for being my wife and best friend. i am so excited about our life together and starting a family with you (three cheers for kyrgystanly and grant).

we finally got our wedding photos. here are a couple of our favorites...









7 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I love those pictures!!! Awesome! Great dress, Jenny! But wait, I thought you gave "Kyrgyzstanly" to us... what's up with that? By the way, did you see the pics I sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy, happy anniversary!!!! Your pics look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave and Jen, It is Cindy and Rex. I'm at Cindy's and she is doing great. (surgery) So Ragbrai next year? I'm thinking it will be easy because if you are living in Detroit it is a hop skip and a jump. I think Grant will do great in some of the public schools there. From what Michael Moore says, you will all definitely be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blog owner approval???? WTF!!!! This is bogus big brother!!! Have fun in Russia. We think you may be a secret Russian triple agent. It is just coincidence that you went over there soon after the Georgia "incident"? Have fun. "the man". r

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the pics! You'll have to send more! Hope you two are doing well. We are about to bunker down for Hurricane Ike.... yikes! Love to you both!
    Deana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated anniversary! I does seem like longer than a month. You have done so much in such a short time....Amazing. I love the photos, don't have a favorite as I like them all. Your old boss did a great job! This will be my last night at home for possibly a week or two or until power is restored. Deana will keep you posted if she can. Pray that Ike goes easy on us...I'm running out of strength from these weekly hurricane preparations. Deana & Buddy will take care of me, I hope....

    ReplyDelete