the bishkek adventure


although "our story" as a couple originated in 2006... the bishkek adventure officially began in july of 2008 when jennifer and i accepted teaching positions at an international school in bishkek, kyrygzstan. we started this blog with the hope that it would be an entertaining and accurate catalog of our years living abroad. although we are back in the states now after two years in central asia and our life is not nearly as exotic or exciting... we are keeping the blog going writing for our friends, families and for our first born child, olivia (olive) annmarie conover, who blessed us with her arrival on monday, august 24 at 2:15pm.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

We Kill Water Cooler Chat.






































When asked, "Whatcha up to?", Dave and I look at each other, smile, and reply, "Nothin' much...getting married and moving to Kyrgyzstan...in 30 days." You?

(Silence)

Things are going well though. We're managing to get everything done. Worst case is that things are a little crazy and mismatched on the wedding day. Dave has done so much organizing the Texas reception. The tables, chairs, tents, and dj were all volunteered. Thank you, UH and Chris! Invites are out and RSVP's are coming. Shopping will happen the day before.

For California though, we will have a better idea of what we have to do to prepare the reception and chapel for the wedding ceremony once we visit when we go for Kyle's wedding next weekend.

My poor mom, both of her children are getting married in a month and she's corralling church ladies for me to ask them who can make salads in a jiffy and I am getting picky saying I don't want Chinese Chicken Salad and that I prefer Greek. I'm not a jerk, I keep telling myself. Rushed, opinionated, and anxious? Yes, I am those things. And, I have taste buds that are representing the masses, but my mom drives a tough campaign for the Chinese Chicken Salad, so it's staying, and I'm sold on it. All I can think about is that stupid overplayed song, that says something about a drumstick. Do you know which song I'm talking about?

However, I got the dress. THE DRESS! Yay! It's beautiful! Ask Carrie, the new proud owner of our sea foam green scooter...we went together to go dress shopping and have cupcakes at Sugarbaby's afterward. It was a lovely, estrogen-filled day! And to top off the night, Dave, Carrie, and I went and ate free Chick-Fil-A!

2 comments:

  1. i heart cupcakes and wedding dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your enjoying the preparations - however! Great! I like reading your blog and I feel like I already kinda know you. Looking forward to seeing you in Bishkek...

    ReplyDelete