Not only are all of our things in boxes, but we just received our airline tickets to Bishkek today. We mailed out our invitations at the post office where we had a good laugh that the postage was more expense than the little square invitation that gives the information for our Texas reception.
We had ordered books from Borders that came in today...both are travel books. One for navigating Central Asia, and the other specific to Kyrgyzstan. We stopped by a street side shop and read them at a picnic table.
Davey has the day off today, and I am sitting at the kitchen table with the air conditioner blowing on me and David is sprawled out on the bed (the only time he gets his side and then some) and has the air conditioner blowing on him. Without doubt, they are set at 68F or 70F...a luxury we are at grips with losing when we make the trek to Central Asia.
We both have stated that this is, by far, the smallest amount of time in which major life changing changes are being made. We feel incredibly blessed, humbled, sobered, and thoughtful about the future journey. Marriage being the big journey, Kyrgyzstan being the imminent (temporary) setting.
I am really enjoying your blogs. I am envious of your spontaneous yet purposeful lives. Good luck on your journey, and I can't wait to see your beautiful pictures that I know are coming!
ReplyDelete