the bishkek adventure


although "our story" as a couple originated in 2006... the bishkek adventure officially began in july of 2008 when jennifer and i accepted teaching positions at an international school in bishkek, kyrygzstan. we started this blog with the hope that it would be an entertaining and accurate catalog of our years living abroad. although we are back in the states now after two years in central asia and our life is not nearly as exotic or exciting... we are keeping the blog going writing for our friends, families and for our first born child, olivia (olive) annmarie conover, who blessed us with her arrival on monday, august 24 at 2:15pm.

Friday, July 31, 2009

friday night date night

a post from jen's blog...




(FNDN= Friday Night Date Night)
My best friend I went out on Friday.
He is so great about planning fun things for us to do.
Earlier in the week he surprised me with a sealed white envelope and said that inside was what we were going to do on Friday.
FUN! I love surprises!
David ended up telling me that we were heading to a musical called The Producers.

We went out to dinner, the frozen yogurt(where we met a nice couple with a two month old little girl named Lilliana and we admired their stroller), and then to the show.
We were all dressed up. David looked so handsome.
I got caught checking him out.

Thanks, Honey for such a fun night!
(We are going out a lot more lately since every date could be our last one before Olive arrives)

Let me tell you, The Producers was so embarrassingly funny.
Sometimes, I felt weird for laughing although it was meant to be funny. I get like that when I watch The Office too. So, the summary of the musical is that there is a scheme to produce a flop of a show so the producers can make money. "Springtime for Hitler" is bound to fail, right? Wrong. Auditions take place...which are hilarious. The "flop" takes place...which was hilarious. And then it doesn't flop...it is such a success that it gets great reviews and the producers are so disappointed because now they won't make the money they anticipated. In "Springtime for Hitler" there were dancing fuhrers and giant pretzel hats and a song called "Keep it Gay" (remember, we live in Montrose, the gay district of Houston) ...like I said, it was funny,
awkward funny!
I can't believe that it was written in the 1960s!

No comments:

Post a Comment